Dear El Cerrito High School Community,
El Cerrito High School once again has an Automotive Technology program and we are in need of car donations!
When you donate a car to ECHS Auto Shop you are providing valuable teaching resources. Students will use your donation to learn how to diagnose automotive problems and effect repairs, as well as, how to perform general service and maintenance.
For your car to be used in our Auto Tech program we need the following from you:
- Your car, truck or other vehicle. We need you to drive it in or have it delivered. (At this time we have no method of pick-up.)
- Keys for the above vehicle.
- Title for the above vehicle.
- Registered owner to sign title and other DMV paperwork.
- Five to ten minutes of your time to complete the necessary paperwork.
- We do not need the car to be smog-certified, or road-worthy.
Donating your car to ECHS Auto benefits you by allowing you to take a full-value deduction on your taxes, unlike a car donation to other non-profits.
If you have a car that you no longer need and would like to see it put to good use, please consider donating it to our program. We welcome all types of vehicles as a donation.
Please contact ECHS Automotive Technology Instructor Greg Golsan at:
510.231.1437 x26591 or by email.
At this time, we can only accept vehicle donations that have a clear DMV title.
Thank you for your support. With your contribution, we can provide a well-rounded education for our students.