CONTRIBUTE YOUR TIME!
Join the Gaucho Reserve!
The Gauchos Reserve is a group of parents and community members who are willing to pitch in for specific tasks for the school community as needed.
Gauchos Reserve is a project of the Student Activities Fund (ECHS’s non-profit umbrella fundraising organization for many of the school activity groups). SAF will maintain a list of folks to call, text, or email when help is needed.
How to join the Gauchos Reserve:
- Email your name, cell phone number, email address, and task(s) you are willing to help out with to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave a message at the school main office number (510-231-2437, Option 0)
- Sign up at school events where the Gaucho Reserve Sign Up sign is displayed
- Questions? Call or leave a message with current SAF president, Karen Shebek, 510-541-7456, daytime only.
Here are some of the many types of tasks for which ECHS needs adult volunteer help during the school year:
- Help out in the school main office (copying, filing)
- Office tasks for school community projects (mailings, copying, data entry)
- Prepare, bake, or serve food for school events
- Shopping errands for community organizations
- Provide rides to trips and tournaments/games
- Chaperone at school dances and other activities
- Use your pick-up truck or large van to pick up and deliver supplies
- Volunteer at Golden Gate Fields Dollar Days
- Work in the ECHS Community Garden
- Volunteer at school events (chaperone, usher, help distribute paperwork)
- Help build sets or sew costumes for theater
- Burn DVDs of performances for debate, theater, dance, music
- Use your graphic design skills to create posters, flyers, programs, etc.
- Assist teachers (paperwork, web support, mentoring, tutoring)
- Mentoring students about college experience, work experience