We welcome contributions and participation from our community and families. Here are some ways that you can become involved:
- The Parent, Teacher and Student Association (PTSA) promotes a safe and enriching educational environment for all ECHS students and encourages communication between parents, teachers, administration, students, and community members.
- The El Cerrito Student Activity Fund (ECSAF) is a non-profit organization that raises contributions for extra-curricular programs and establishes a foundation to ensure that school wide programs are fully funded.
- The School Site Council (SSC) is a governing body that controls the use of selected categorical and non-categorical funds. The role of the SSC is to give parents, faculty and staff more on-site decision making ability by giving individuals the opportunity to work together in planning school program improvements.
- The English Language Advisory Committee (ELAC) is an advisory committee that works to improve the service provided to English Learners. This committee works alongside the SSC in deciding how to allocate categorical funds associated with
English language support programs.
- The Writer Coach Connection (WCC) is an opportunity for parents and community members to volunteer to coach ELD students and 9th grade students in coordination with English classes. Coaches commit to 10 coaching sessions per
semester and go through training in order to be prepared to coach students.
- Investing in Academic Excellence (IAE) is a group of parents that works to raise funds to help support academic programs on campus. This group typically meets once a month and focuses on finding donors that are willing to contribute donations of at least $500.
WCCUSD Gifts and Donations
My School Bucks