HELP US GET NEEDED SUPPLIES INTO OUR CLASSROOMS
The budget our school gets from the district and funds from the PTSA do not cover the cost of all the supplies teachers need to teach our students and maintain a healthy classroom. It is up to parents to fill in the gap. There are several ways that you can help, and as long as the supplies are not earmarked for your student’s use only, they are eligible to be tax deductible donations (just keep your receipts).
1) PTSA Classroom Supply Order Program (CSOP) – The PTSA takes away the hassle of shopping and getting certain types of supplies you want to donate to your student’s teachers into the classrooms – all you need to do is place an order using the downloadable Classroom_Supply_Order_below and send it in with a check or money order made out to ECHS PTSA; check/cash purchases can also be made at Back to School Night, Progress Report Night, PTSA meetings, or dropped off at the school office in a sealed envelope. Items we have for purchase include:
- Low odor chisel trip dry erase markers (4 for $2.50)
- Large boxes of Kleenex ($2/box)
- Large rolls of paper towels ($2/roll)
- Large containers of Clorox wipes ($2.50/container)
- Hand sanitizer ($4.50/30 oz bottle)
- Copy paper ($3.00/ream white, $8/ream colored)
Note: the school can get only limited amounts of hygiene products for classrooms, so these and dry erase markers are a top priority this year. We may need more copy paper 2nd semester or certain teachers who use a lot may request more from parents. .
2) Write a check or money order to El Cerrito High School with the teacher’s name and student’s name in the Memo section. This is probably the best way to go to donate funds to cover the cost of art, photography, drama, and other classes that require special materials because it enables the teacher to buy materials as needed and then get reimbursed from the money deposited in the school account for that purpose. You can also write a check to the Principal’s Discretionary Fund. The check or cash can be turned in directly to the teacher or at the school office, preferably along with the Donation Form (download below). The PTSA is not involved with collection of these funds.
3) Give teachers gift cards — many times they can pick up the supplies they need from Target, Staples, Office Depot, or Amazon.com, but it’s always best to ask in advance if there is another vendor they prefer to buy from or whether a check to their school account is preferred.
4) ECHS Wish List ? To find out what additional supplies teachers, the Career Center, library, and other school staff would like donated, consult the ECHS Wish List at http://tinyurl.com/echswishlist or contact teachers directly. When you donate, email the teacher to let them know and please “cc” us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can keep the list up to date. This program is run through the PTSA.
5) Donate used/expired inkjet/toner cartridges – We turn these in to earn rewards credits at Staples and Office Depot to purchase classroom and office supplies. Drop off at school office or email email@example.com to arrange for a local pick up.
Thanks for your support of our teaching staff! Go Gaucho Community!
- For more information, contact Nancy Gordon: firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 910-7992.
Thanks for your support of our teaching staff! Go Gaucho Parents!